1 cup finely diced yellow onion
1 pound hamburger
1 15.25 oz. can kidney beans, undrained
1 15 oz. can pinquintos, undrained
1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
1 7 ¾ oz. can El Pato brand tomato sauce
½ cup Fenestra True Red
1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
3 TB. ground cumin
3 TB chili powder or to taste
Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven, lightly sauté onion in olive oil (enough oil to cover bottom of pan).
- Add hamburger and cook until done, crumbling hamburger as it cooks. Spoon off excess fat.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Corn Chips or Crumbled Tortilla Chips
- Grated Cheddar or Jack Cheese
- Finely Diced Onion