by Caryl Syriani, Gimanelli’s Deli
2 lbs Gimanelli’s Italian Sausage
1 16 oz can of garbanzo beans
1 16 oz can of cannolini beans
½ cup peeled fresh garlic, chopped
1 large green bell pepper, chopped
¼ cup olive oil
5 celery stalks, diced
2 large carrots, peeled and diced
1 bunch green Swiss chard, washed and chopped
1 28 oz can diced tomatoes in juice
3 pints chicken stock
1 cup Fenestra Syrah
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon each dry basil, oregano, thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large heavy pot over medium-high heat. Remove sausage from casings, and add sausage to pot, cooking 12-15 minutes.
- Add garlic, onion, bell pepper, celery and carrots. Cook 8-10 minutes.
- Add Swiss chard and cook 4-5 minutes
- Add wine, tomatoes and juice, chicken stock, both beans and any or all dry spices or herbs.
- Lower heat, cover partially with lid and simmer 25-30 minutes.
Serve with Fenestra's Syrah!